My blog has moved! Redirecting

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.pursuitofglory.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.



One of the greatest privileges and advancements of believers, both in this world and unto eternity, consists in their beholding the glory of Christ.

-John Owen, The Glory of Christ


A Few Thoughts


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



As I prepare for an upcoming VBS I am fascinated by the Jewish context in which Christ lived. For a good chunk of my Christian life I have viewed Judaism as a "bad" religion both past and present. Yet as I gain a better understanding of history and culture I am realizing that our Jewish heritage is very rich. Many Jewish students have the Pentateuch (first five books of the bible) memorized by age twelve and if they show promise in the scriptures will continue on and often have the entire old testament memorized in the ball park of 18 years of age. I am 24, and I would be lucky to claim to have 5 consecutive chapters under my belt.

Now I realize that there is a difference between reciting and becoming a disciple of Christ. Yet, do we as Christians invest the time that God desires us to invest in knowing Him? In what disciplines should that time be invested?

The more I know, the more I realize I don't know.


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Blogs I Recommend

Forums I Recommend


Subscribe
ATOM 0.3





Locations of visitors to this page