My blog has moved! Redirecting

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.pursuitofglory.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.



One of the greatest privileges and advancements of believers, both in this world and unto eternity, consists in their beholding the glory of Christ.

-John Owen, The Glory of Christ


Reflections of Glory


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I stumbled upon this post titled "What Do I Want to Do?" by Wes Fryer. I encourage everyone to take the time to read it for a small example of, what I believe to be, faith in the "real" world. Through Wes's blog I am always encouraged to pursue God, even though his posts are not always about spiritual issues. Regardless of what he writes about it is obvious that he gives his job a great amount of effort. It is apparent that he believes the work he is doing will help people. I love how he serves the education community freely and faithfully, so that when he does speak of his faith he in essence becomes a reflection of glory for the Lord in his field. As Christ came into this world not to be served but to serve. Wes seems to be a classic case of a Genesis 12 fulfillment who has been blessed with much (skills, knowledge, etc.) so that he can be a blessing (educating, leading, etc.). I don't know Wes aside from a few emails back and forth but I am sure the work he does allows him to have many conversations about the things in life that mean even more to him than his job.

As our Sr. Pastor is on sabbatical and studying "Spirituality and Work" I found myself asking this question, can everyone complete the tasks of their daily jobs with a sense of purpose that is greater than what they are actually working towards? I don't want to convey the common thought that we go to work so that we can be a witness for the Lord and that there is nothing greater than that. But is it possible to do our jobs so well because we see that there is a motivation in the jobs that we do above just completing the task or creating opportunities for conversation. That motivation being an attempt to do our best to reflect the person of Christ. I don't feel like I am making a lot of sense here, let me frame it in a different way. I would have really liked to sit in a chair that Jesus made or eat at a table He had made because I am confident that they were probably really good pieces of furniture, made with all the passion that Christ had for the job He was doing. I can't see Christ working half-heartedly at anything. Is there a way for every person to work at their jobs with the same passion that Christ poured into his work, study and teaching.

Here are my last questions that I have yet to answer:

Can we all live our lives and work at or jobs with the passion for making things good and serving, like we see in Wes's post?

If we can but we cannot at the job we work at currently, will it require a change of attitude or change of job so that we can?

Can you imagine a world of workers who delight in what they do and believe that their work is essential to the forward progress of all those around us?


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Blogs I Recommend

Forums I Recommend


Subscribe
ATOM 0.3





Locations of visitors to this page