My blog has moved! Redirecting

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.pursuitofglory.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.



One of the greatest privileges and advancements of believers, both in this world and unto eternity, consists in their beholding the glory of Christ.

-John Owen, The Glory of Christ


Why "Pursuit of Glory"


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I have often wondered about the purpose of blogging and I have 100 different thoughts/opinions about why I write here. Yet I feel like blogging for me is a chance to reflect upon my own thoughts and sharpen them. Writing a post takes me a lot of time because I write and rewrite as I learn how to communicate clearly and concisely. Funny enough, there are still many times where I have no idea what I was trying to communicate about X, Y, or Z.

This brings me to the title of this blog. I love the word glory. The word in and of itself screams of something great. I have looked it up many times in dictionaries only to be disappointed at the lack of depth those definitions hold. When I see the word glory I often think of Christ. I have come to love Him dearly yet he still seems like a huge mystery. So here I have this Man who is far and away the most amazing person ever to live, based on what I know about Him, and yet there is still so much that I don't know. He is truly Glory personified. As I live my life I have come to believe that the more I know about Christ the ugly layers of sin will fall away. In the presence of greatness our hearts, too, desire to be great. Just like when we watch a movie about war heroes or sports legends we often walk away resolved to show more, courage, strength, fortitude, etc. Since we have been commanded to follow Christ I have realized that I will not be successful unless I am actively engaged in the pursuit of Glory.


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Blogs I Recommend

Forums I Recommend


Subscribe
ATOM 0.3





Locations of visitors to this page