My blog has moved! Redirecting

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.pursuitofglory.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.



One of the greatest privileges and advancements of believers, both in this world and unto eternity, consists in their beholding the glory of Christ.

-John Owen, The Glory of Christ


Contemplative Blogging


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



In reflection of my intents and purposes for this blog I find myself categorizing each of my posts into three categories contemplative, reflective, or relative. Reflective being those on which I share thoughts on something I did to inform. Relative being posts that relate to other posts are articles and simple serve to pass on information with a few personal thoughts. Contemplative, where I actually mull different ideas and thoughts in an effort to build a deeper understanding.

Each type has its own set of benefits and strengths as learning is concerned. Communication is at the center of each, a skill worth much time to develop. As I consider the contemplative posts it is those posts that help me to build understanding around various texts and events that I am considering. The thought process involved as paired with critical comments from readers, I believe, has the potential to be more valuable in my personal learning than any formal classes have been. The cause for this, I think, is that I am often disengaged in lecture style formats but am able to fully engage when I am involved in the discovery/learning process.

I am currently mulling over ideas about how to use the read/write web in the context of children’s ministry. I believe that they potential for this to help our children to become mission-focused storytellers are great.


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Blogs I Recommend

Forums I Recommend


Subscribe
ATOM 0.3





Locations of visitors to this page