My blog has moved! Redirecting

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.pursuitofglory.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.



One of the greatest privileges and advancements of believers, both in this world and unto eternity, consists in their beholding the glory of Christ.

-John Owen, The Glory of Christ


The "Correct" Way of Life


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



After a long day of two very tedious tasks, I am winding down. First, I spent today trying to train a brother in Christ how to use Final Cut Studio for our church's video venue. I realized he was a quick learner but I am a slow teacher! How do you teach something in two hours that took 6 months to teach yourself. I have no doubt he will surpass my skills quickly if he so desires, but of no thanks to me. On top of that, I was teaching myself a new skill with LiveType, learning by doing can be fun and it can be a BIG headache. Task number two, packing! Amy and I will close on our first house on Tuesday. We are excited to move next Saturday but there is a lot to do between now and then. It is funny the things we are willing to get worked up about when stresses get high.

It occurred to me today that life passes so quickly. I am what some might call a procrastinator. My wife is the complete opposite and she is beginning to win me over to her way of thinking. I always argue that when time gets pinched I produce good work quickly, thus using my time efficiently. Yet, I am finding that the farther ahead of the scale that I work the more apt I am to make connections that I would not have made if I was pushing something right up to the deadline. I take on many tasks and complete them well, but I think I want to take on fewer tasks and complete them extremely well and then pass the to torch to others so that I can take on my next big project. I would love to hear about how each of you spend your time.

A lot of this thinking comes from the parable of the talents. I stumbled upon a post titled Parable of the Talents by Miguel Ghulin today. His musings on his current situation really makes me consider the question that often haunts me, "What will it take to finish well?" I often fear that I don't have the fortitude to finish well, but luckily I will not be racing alone.






I love the setting sun after a strong storm. Glorious night!


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Blogs I Recommend

Forums I Recommend


Subscribe
ATOM 0.3





Locations of visitors to this page