My blog has moved! Redirecting

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.pursuitofglory.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.



One of the greatest privileges and advancements of believers, both in this world and unto eternity, consists in their beholding the glory of Christ.

-John Owen, The Glory of Christ


Living it Out


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



My wife would tell you that I tend to be an idealistic person. I would tell you the same. I have high expectations that I try to pair with great amounts of grace. I find that it is easier to be gracious with those I work with than my wife whom I live with. Thus I place a huge amount preassure on her and myself to be something, that God might be working to bring to fruition, on my own time table (not a good thing).

I don't think idealism is bad but I am realizing the God's time frame is so much better than my own.

My biggest problem lies in the field of living out the very things that I expect of myself and others. For example, am I a disciplined student of Christ, do I manage my time well, am I a strong spiritual leader to my family? Another problem presents itself in measuring the success of our efforts. Just like in school, I believe our lives should be reflected upon and evaluated. Without a tangible measure of our efforts we are chasing ghosts. So how do we measure the success of our lives. Two ways:

Concrete: These are specific things that cyou can chart if wanted.
-Did I lead our family in prayer (aside from dinner) 6 times this week.
-Did I exercise for 30 minutes 4 times this week?

Abstract: These are things that are hard to measure but essential to consider.
-Is my wife happy (Not always based on my actions but I play a big part in this).
-Do those under my leadership feel equiped.

Reflection is essential to learning. I believe time must be taken each day to learn from the lessons that God presented on that day. Now if I would only take the time to do this myself.


***As a side note I found this blog titled Amazing Time Management Strategies, and I really like the practical advice that it gives.


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Blogs I Recommend

Forums I Recommend


Subscribe
ATOM 0.3





Locations of visitors to this page